Thursday, February 19, 2009

Our Trip to Thailand

We had to make an unexpected trip to Thailand at the end of last week. My (Michelle) staph infection returned and got quite bad overnight. We were sent to Bangkok to see an infectious disease specialist. So, we quickly threw some clothes in a bag and left our house at 3 am (by climbing a wall with a sleeping baby because our gate was locked!) to go to the airport and catch the first flight out. We are still in Bangkok waiting on test results and receiving treatment. Caleb has been amazing through all the doctor visits, hospital visits, plane rides, heat (yes it is in the mid 80's here) and constant changes. So, we thought we would share a few photos of our time in Thailand.



"Yes, I would like milk please."



"Dad, you're soooo funny!"



The pediatric unit at this hospital is amazing! This was our doctor's office. Caleb had a very thorough check-up and was pronounced a "strong boy"!




The waiting area was amazing. They had a play zone for older kids with computer games, slides, balls, games, etc. Caleb just had fun watching everyone.




"Mom, see that big building out there? One day I'm gonna build one even bigger!"




Just watching the world with my baby at my side!




"Mom, you've got to come see this green thing over here!"




Are you sure that just 4 short months ago this little boy had just come into the world?!




"Hey mom, how did you get over there?!"




At last - does it get any sweeter than this?! Even in the midst of trials, God shows us all that He has blessed us with. God is good ALL the time.



2 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

So sorry about your staph infection! That's no fun :( How is it doing now??
Those were great pics! That doc office was so cool!!

Shannon said...

Funny thing...I found your blog through the comment you left on Jessica's blog (making home).

I had a staph infection a couple weeks ago...I think I picked it up from Jyoti who got it at La Femme when she was born. Did Caleb have staph when you guys were at La Femme?

I hope it clears up for you soon.