Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Carrying Our Boy




Caleb loves to be carried around in this wrap. It is an insanely long piece of fabric that I tie around myself and strap him in! It is incredibly comfortable and the locals think it is great.





While we were in Thailand, I forgot to bring anything to carry Caleb in. So, I tied this shawl around my shoulders and plopped him in! He like to be carried around my middle, but he didn't care for riding on my hip so much...





We went shopping for fruits and vegetables one day and Caleb giggled and shrieked the entire time! He also hangs out like this with me in the house while I clean things up or make lunch.

2 comments:

Ashley Wells said...

Hello! I met Jared when he came to Parsons Baptist Church.

You son is so adorably!

Just wondering...What kind of wrap is that? Is it a Sleepy Wrap?

Thanks for sharing your journey!

-Ashley

The Houks said...

Ashley - the wrap is kind of a homemade thing. I got the specs for a Moby wrap and then just made my own. I was able to make two wraps (out of really comfortable, stretchy cotton fabric) for about $15. I have used several other carriers, and this is by far the most comfortable!