Here are a few more pictures from Caleb's birthday.

His Nepali friends came to celebrate with him. He quite obviously didn't understand blowing out the candle. He wanted to grab it while it was lit!

Our pastor friend giving him the traditional "khata". He also said a prayer of blessing over him for his birthday (a Nepali tradition).

Receiving a gift from his friends. They just happened to be pink and white light up shoes. There are no gender color rules here! They also think he doesn't have shoes because we never put them on his feet. They always ask why he doesn't have on shoes. My answer - who knows - I guess I am too lazy to cram them on his feet when he is just going to be inside anyway.

Our teammates joined us for the festivities as well!

Apparently Caleb doesn't like cake! I know - WEIRD! He wouldn't eat more than one bite of the cupcake. We tried both white and chocolate, icing and no icing. He didn't care for any of it. We were at another birthday party tonight, and he wouldn't eat the cake there either. He's more of a cracker, cheerio kind of guy.

His grandparents joined in for the party via Skype. Praise God for a good Internet connection!

"Yep - I'm 1 now!"
No comments:
Post a Comment