Saturday, January 31, 2009

Letting Go




Caleb will turn 4 months old tomorrow. I have only left him with Jared twice since he was born. Other than that, he has been with me. Well, people were starting to make fun of me for not being able to leave him with anyone else. A sweet girl that is staying below us for a little while offered to watch him. So, I decided it was time to let go a little and let someone else keep him. She watched him sleep for his two hour afternoon nap. I went grocery shopping and stopped at a local book store. I admit, I did check my watch every five minutes, thought about him constantly, refrained from calling to check on him, and only came home 6 minutes early! Not bad for a first time! Next time we are going to try during his awake time...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw.. Its hard to let them go the first time..

Anonymous said...

Hm..I seem to remember someone making fun of me about 10 years ago for the same thing.....

Autumn said...

Yay for Kayla! =)